Our core values:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
Thing is, we’re not talking about someone specific. In fact, that’s the problem. We’re talking about a set of traits and an attitude, which is scarce! We want developers who see things differently; that don’t conform to the norm. You’re ready to get the job done, and even surprise us.
- You understand that communication is the biggest responsibility of your job, and the one you’re least likely to get right unless you focus on it
- When you take on a task whether it’s huge and scary or tiny and boring, you’re going to see it through to the best of your ability
- You focus on building and shipping software that matters to your users and that matters to the company you’re building it for
- You are confident with a number of programming languages, operating systems, and architectures. You probably have one of each you prefer right now, but you’re neither dogmatic nor myopic in your focus on it
- Build out exciting new features in our eCommerce integrations for Magento, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, and more
- Improve integration performance for high volume businesses
- Improve our development, testing, and deployment processes for integrations
- Review and test your teammates’ pull requests
- Assist the Customer Success team with highly technical issues
- You’re excited to build extensions, plugins, and apps on a variety of new platforms and languages
- Professional development experience building integrations for Magento, WooCommerce, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, NetSuite, or Acumatica
- Strong understanding of a programming language used to build integrations for one of the platforms above such as PHP
- Write code that is maintainable, readable, and follows standards / best practices
- Accountable for the code you deliver to production
- Manage development tasks from assignment through to production
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Passion for building simple and intuitive solutions for complex problems in eCommerce
- Have remote communication down pat (chat, video, email, etc)
At TaxJar, we believe a diverse team creates better solutions for our customers. Read our Diversity statement below:
TaxJar is a human-first company.
TaxJar’s 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
Know someone who would be a great candidate for this opportunity? If you send us a referral, we’ll pay you $1,000 if we hire them! To refer someone, please email their full name to [email protected] and add Candidate Referral – [Job Title]” to the subject line once the individual has applied for a role.