EmpowerDB is a web-based database used primarily by domestic violence and sexual assault service providers to collect, manage, analyze, and report information about the work they do. Each organization that uses EmpowerDB has a system customized to meet their specific needs. In addition to being a user-friendly, secure, and versatile database, what makes EmpowerDB stand out is the highly personalized and comprehensive support each customer is provided.
We are seeking a full time customer support representative to join our team. We offer a flexible schedule but the hours worked should fall roughly within the typical Monday-Friday 9-5pm ET work day. The exact hours can be shifted slightly to accommodate the team member’s time zone. However, we will only consider candidates from North or South America.
Tier 1 Technical Support
The successful candidate will be trained to recognize and respond to common technical issues that our customers encounter. While no advanced technical experience is required, a strong comfort level with technology is essential.
As a customer support specialist, you will be responsible for providing prompt and professional assistance to our customers. In the event that a customer’s issue requires more advanced technical expertise, you will gather all relevant information in a highly organized manner and escalate the issue to the appropriate team member.
In addition to providing technical support, this role will also involve building reports for our customers. The successful candidate will need to have the ability to build simple queries that help our customers assess demographic and service data.
We will train the new hire on EmpowerDB’s report tool, which is a user-friendly drag-and-drop tool that doesn’t require any programming knowledge.
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills and the ability to interpret and present data in a clear and concise manner. Additionally, a keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy are critical for success in this position.
- Fluency in English
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Ability to work on a team and multi-task, all while working from home
- Prior customer service experience
- Prior database or other technical experience a plus, but not required
- Reliable internet connection
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary will be between $1,000 – $2,000 USD per month; depending on qualifications and skill level. Two weeks paid vacation for the first year. Three weeks for each year thereafter. This position will be classified as an independent contractor; and as such no other financial benefits would be provided.
To apply for this opportunity, please introduce yourself and submit your resume/CV to [email protected].
In addition to your application, we ask that you demonstrate your ability to create basic queries using our report building tool. This will give us a better understanding of your technical abilities and help us to determine if you would be a good fit.
Please follow these steps:
- Visit our homepage and click on the “Demo” link to log into our demonstration version of EmpowerDB. Follow the instructions provided to log in.
- Once you’re logged in, click on the “Reports” link on the top right of the page.
- Scroll down to the “All-in-One Reports” section and click on the “New All-in-One Report” link.
- Use the report building tool to create three basic queries as per the prompts below.
- When you have completed your queries, please send us the links to each report.
We recommend watching our Basic Skills Training video for tips on using our report building tool. You do not need to watch the Advanced Skills Training video to complete this task.
Please send us links that provide information for the following three queries:
- What are the emails and phone numbers of clients active in Shelter and Transitional Housing in 2022?
- What were the total amount of Direct Time Spent” hours of Activities: Services” provided to all clients in January of 2023?
- What is the Demographics” => Race” information for clients active in all programs since the beginning of this year who have an Address/Location: Location” of Boston, Massachusetts OR have a Demographics: Homeless” value of Yes”? (Bonus points if you can show in aggregate)
Thank you for considering EmpowerDB as your potential employer. We appreciate your interest in this exciting opportunity and look forward to reviewing your application.
To ensure a fair and efficient hiring process, please only contact us via the email address provided above. We kindly ask that you refrain from calling or contacting other team members regarding this position.