Paymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team, and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa, and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale. Our advanced, multi-cloud platform, offering both shared and dedicated processing instances, vast global presence, and richer, real-time data, set us apart as the leader in payments.
As an Architect in the Data Architecture team at Paymentology, you will be working in the Engineering team to build enterprise-level, highly scalable, highly secure financial processing systems that power tens of millions of transactions and tie them to web, mobile, and API interfaces that make it easy for people to issue, redeem and reconcile prepaid and credit cards all over the world. Due to increased demand on our Database teams, we are looking for an experienced Data Architect with experience working with a diverse range of relational and non-relational data solutions.
Working closely with software developers and infrastructure engineers to deliver optimal data solutions, supporting best-in-class payment products, this position requires the ability to develop high-quality and resilient solutions to meet the rapidly evolving needs of an issuer processor serving an internationally expanding customer base and to communicate effectively at all levels, providing the right level of details in specifications and requirement documentation, and being able to explain technical trade-offs, technical complexities, and design options so Paymentology can make informed decisions.
What you get to do:
- Design, document, and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company, client, and cardholder data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Provide technical guidance and support to colleagues and key stakeholders to help shape solutions.
- Analyze, design, and implement data warehouses.
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Mentor and train colleagues when necessary by helping them learn and improve their skills, innovate, and iterate on current best practices.
What it takes to succeed:
The right candidate will be an experienced data architect, with exceptional engineering skills and experience with data architecture patterns of large-scale applications. The candidate loves collaborating with developers to find better ways to access and process data. A detail-oriented, naturally curious, self-starter, who loves problem-solving and learning, with an interest in the occasional travel and experience in international environments.
The ideal candidate will also need to have:
- Over 5 years of experience as a data architect.
- Knowledge of PSQL and T-SQL.
- Extensive experience working with relational databases. Additional experience with NoSQL databases is an advantage.
- Experience with data modeling and data architecture best practices.
- Experience and understanding of data warehousing
- Good understanding of working in cloud data platforms, in particular AWS or Azure.
- Understanding of data protection regulations, e.g. PCI or GDPR
- Team lead experience is an advantage.
Experience working in financial transaction processing is a definite advantage, but we would also consider other experience working with data-intensive applications with high reads and writes in production environments.
What we are looking for is developers who:
- Love to write great software
- Are passionate about their craft
- Are willing to learn, as well as coach
Let’s also not forget languages (not the programming kind); While you will work with colleagues located throughout the world, English is our company language, so it’s important that you be able to communicate at a fluent level, in both spoken and written form. Flexible hours are a must for our remote team. You will need to be able to occasionally shift your work hours to participate in on-call duties and better align with colleagues for the scope of specific projects.
- Developing, managing, and maintaining card network transactions at scale
- Designing and building best-of-breed backend experiences for our customers, internal and external
- Creating database architectures to meet our client and stakeholder needs
- Continuously improving our systems, infrastructure, and processes with a focus on quality
JOB IS EXPIRED.