Time zones: EST (UTC -5), CST (UTC -6), MST (UTC -7), PST (UTC -8), AKST (UTC -9), HST (UTC -10), AST (UTC -4), NST (UTC -3:30)
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t check every box. If you’re excited about XWP, the work to be done, and your future teammates, then go for it!
XWP has collaborated on some of the most ambitious and successful WordPress projects and partnered with the likes of Google, News Corp, and Penske Media Corporation (PMC) to bring richer technologies and delightful user experiences to the open web.
You’ll be joining a team of 110+ experts (from 35+ countries and 6 continents) who enjoy challenging work, service-focused and collaborative teammates, and opportunities to grow and learn. We have a passion and enthusiasm for our craft and a sincere care for each other and the clients we serve.
We are looking for the right person to handle all routine Delivery & Engineering Operational activities and to ensure that all Team Scheduling needs are captured and actioned. This role works closely with the Chief Delivery Officer and the Director of Engineering to verify that not only are tasks addressed but that the Delivery and the Engineering teams are supported in their day-to-day needs as well.
Who You Are
- You have a servant-leadership mindset, focused on supporting and enabling others
- You are highly organized, motivated, and execution-oriented
- You are a self-starter who can thrive in a highly technical and fast-paced environment, applying your strong attention to detail and contextualizing quality/thoroughness to the situation
- You have excellent written and verbal skills, both informally (via chat) and formally (via announcements, documentation, etc) and know you’d enjoy the demands of an async communication environment
- You’ve built a reputation as someone who is very trustworthy
- You’ve developed strong empathy, active listening, and relationship building skills
- You have a demonstrated ability for continuous learning, creativity, and problem solving
- You value regular collaboration, but also autonomy, and have the self-management skills to operate dependably in a fully-remote role
- You find great fulfillment in making other people’s lives better from behind-the-scenes
- You are in or have significant overlap with the Eastern Timezone (GMT-4)
What You’ve Done
- You’ve had experience coordinating the day-to-day tasks for a large distributed team
- You’ve served in a role focused on helping to organize, schedule, and support the work of others
- You’ve monitored reporting metrics for timeliness and accuracy
- You’ve scheduled team meetings, captured meeting notes, and executed on action items
- You’ve written communications and documentation for both internal and external audiences
- You have experience handling the sensitive data of others with care and discretion
- You’ve taken action to create, document, and build adoption of new processes and improved existing ones
- You have experience working in an administrative/coordinator role in web development or in a similar industry
- You have demonstrated skills in managing schedules and budgets
- You have experience working remotely with a distributed team
- You have experience working with tools like Slack, Typeform, Google Workspace, and Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence)
What You’ll Do Here
- Help to schedule necessary Delivery & Engineering focused meetings
- Work with the Chief Delivery Officer and the Director of Engineering to ensure that day-to-day Delivery & Engineering tasks are captured and actioned promptly
- Monitor our various reporting spaces and help ensure that details are added in a timely manner
- Review and approve submitted timesheets from team members
- Assist in the aggregation of data, as needed, to help support business decisions
- Maintain and add to the Delivery & Engineering documentation and workflows
- Take action on day-to-day needs that arise within Delivery & Engineering, including ad-hoc report creation, compilation of new data sets, and communication with team members
- Timely monitor and action on Team Scheduling requests, ensuring project and resource management software is accurately updated
- Accurately maintain team scheduling data on a timely basis for analysis
- Facilitate weekly Team Scheduling Meetings with detailed note-taking on all action items and needs
- Communicate effectively and proactively with team members on availability and scheduling
- Provide support in allocating Delivery team members to Sales needs when requests arise
- Coordinate adding team members to projects once confirmed
What Success Looks Like
- All team members are adequately labeled in project management software, and informed of upcoming project needs
- Projects are scheduled in a timely manner
- Team members are clear on needs and placement (both current and possible future)
- Engineering and Delivery tasks are well, and timely, supported
Payscale and Benefits
- Trust and support from your colleagues (we look out for each other and work together towards our shared goals and vision)
- The rewards of a highly collaborative culture (we’re a team, not a working group)
- Remote work done right! High levels of schedule flexibility, time to invest in family, caregiving, and interests outside of work
- The chance to play an important part in helping XWP achieve its full potential and make a meaningful difference for our team members and the open web
- An expected full-time salary range of USD $55,000 to $65,000 per year for USA employment, or comparable for Canadian employees or contractors
- Unleash+ allowance of $2,500 per year to enrich your life
XWP is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. We’re proud of the high levels of inclusion that our distributed team reports and we work hard to support each individual doing their best work together at XWP.
Are you intrigued?
Apply now and tell us about yourself, what this role will mean to you, and why you are who we want to work with.
If you are not the one we are looking for, please share this with anyone you know who might be!
JOB IS EXPIRED.