We’re looking for an engineering leader with a strong background in managing a high- performing team of systems administrators and engineering operations. As an engineering manager, you’ll be responsible for people engagement and growth, overseeing project goals, contributing to overall product strategy, and collaborating with cross-functional teams. We need someone who is comfortable in a fast-moving environment with lots of moving pieces.
You will be responsible for our team that proactively monitors alerts and performs manual monitoring and gives first response triage of issues.
This is a career-defining opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing tech company that is successfully implementing a key piece of the world’s blockchain infrastructure that will power the digital agreements of the future.
- Mentor and hire a team of talented blockchain systems admins/ops
- Drive projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex projects
- Ensure systems maintenance operations, data provider quality and node operator quality
- Work closely with our incident response team to ensure alignment between teams
- Proactively communicate with leadership: provide context around risks/blockers/meline, seek guidance, and recommend a direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in software development in one or more programming languages
- Experience managing a software engineering team on projects with technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and/or storage.
- Experience designing and implementing automation tools
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- 5+ years of professional systems administration experience, with 1+ years of experience as a manager
- Knowing your way around the Ethereum ecosystem and using common blockchain explorer and smart contract tools is a plus
- Previous experience and knowledge of our tech stack: JSON, AWS, ELK, alerting and monitoring tools.
- Demonstrated experience managing or leading development teams of > 4 engineers
- Startup experience
At Chainlink Labs, we’re committed to the key operating principles of ownership, focus, and open dialogue. We practice complete ownership, where everyone goes the extra mile to own outcomes into success. We understand that unflinching focus is a superpower and is how we channel our activity into technological achievements for the benefit of our entire ecosystem. We embrace open dialogue and critical feedback to arrive at an accurate and truthful picture of reality that promotes both personal and organizational growth.
About Chainlink Labs
Chainlink is the industry standard oracle network for connecting smart contracts to the real world. With Chainlink, developers can build hybrid smart contracts that combine on-chain code with an extensive collection of secure off-chain services powered by Decentralized Oracle Networks. Managed by a global, decentralized community of hundreds of thousands of people, Chainlink is introducing a fairer model for contracts. Its network currently secures billions of dollars in value for smart contracts across the decentralized finance (DeFi), insurance, and gaming ecosystems, among others. The full vision of the Chainlink Network can be found in the Chainlink 2.0 whitepaper. Chainlink is trusted by hundreds of organizationsfrom global enterprises to projects at the forefront of the blockchain economyto deliver definitive truth via secure, reliable data.
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world, but we ask that you overlap some working hours with Eastern Standard Time (EST).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.
Chainlink Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.