Time zones: SBT (UTC +11), GMT (UTC +0), MSK (UTC +3), CEST (UTC +2), BST (UTC +1), JST (UTC +9), CST (UTC +8), WIB (UTC +7), MMT (UTC +6:30), BST (UTC +6), NPT (UTC +5:45), IST (UTC +5:30), UZT (UTC +5), IRDT (UTC +4:30), GST (UTC +4)
General good software principles
BlueGamma, a financial analytics platform catering to renewable energy investors and developers, is seeking a Senior Full-Stack Engineer with an interest in financial markets, renewable energy, and SaaS.
As the second technical hire on our team, you will collaborate closely with our co-founders to refine and enhance our product amidst a bustling and dynamic environment.
We are looking for a proactive individual who can quickly contribute to addressing our customers’ feature requests and play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our platform.
This position presents a unique opportunity to work with financial data and gain invaluable experience as a key member of a small, five-person team in a startup constantly evolving and tackling new challenges.
- Collaborate with our co-founders to develop and refine our platform’s features
- Write clean and maintainable code with an emphasis on non-breaking changes
- Manage and optimize databases and servers to ensure high performance and availability
- As a second technical hire, you will have the ability to set the direction of the features you implement
- At least 5 years experience as a Full-Stack Engineer or in a similar role
- Experience in Python
- Pandas and Numpy
- Big data tooling (e.g ETL jobs, Apache Airflow, Cassandra and Snowflake etc)
- Experience writing optimised and efficient SQL queries for relational databases (e.g PostgreSQL/MySQL)
- Experience writing server-side backend logic (e.g Django, Node.js) and a willingness to learn and excel in API engineering
- Have a solid understanding of modern backend engineering
- Robust & scalable API development (RestAPIs etc)
- Experience working on projects with scalability and performance e.g CI/CD pipelines, containerization, microservices, and automated testing
- Experience building UIs with a modern frontend framework (e.g React)
- Excited about being responsible for the above full-stack model to help BlueGamma scale
- Knowledge of principles of cloud-based services e.g compute, storage etc
- Experience with specific AWS services such as Lambda, RDS, EC2, S3, IAM, CloudWatch
- Being able to appreciate cloud-based cost as our product scales
General good software principles
- Code reviews
- Unit and regression testing
- Git versioning
- Writing technical documentation
- Able to have a product mindset and set the technical vision with co-founders
- Able to simplify very technical concepts (pros and cons of said concepts) to non-technical stakeholders
- Able to evaluate and justify the use of specific technologies based on their advantages and disadvantages
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team-orientated environment
- Keen eye for numerical accuracy and attention to detail when working with large amounts of data
- Knowledge of financial markets is advantageous but not required
How to apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email us at [email protected]
- Include the role’s title in your subject line.
- Send along links that best showcase the relevant things you’ve built and done.
- Initial screening: 30-minute video call with Ahmed (co-founder)
- Technical assessment: up to 2 hour take-home exercise.
- Team and Culture Fit: opportunity to meet with team members to assess team fit and collaborative skills
JOB IS EXPIRED.