At Help Scout, we make software that helps more than 12,000 small businesses talk with their customers. We’re a remote first company, with 110 employees working from 80+ cities all over the world and we’ve staked our reputation on being helpful, human, and existing for profit and purpose. We’re also a Certified B Corporation! This year, we’re taking these values to the next level as we reintroduce ourselves to our audience of customer service professionals, small business leaders, and startup founders.
We are currently looking for a humble, hard-working, independent, meticulous, self-motivated Senior Accountant to join our small, but mighty Finance team. Our Finance team works primarily in Eastern Time Zone, but our stakeholders live all over the world! As a remote company, we look for folks who can adapt and learn quickly, are eager to work in a fast-paced environment, have excellent attention to detail, great communication and time management skills. If you read this and got excited about the impact you can bring to our team, then we’d love to talk to you!
About the Role
- Manage daily accounting activities including, but not limited to, cash, accounts payable, accounts receivable and accruals
- Month-end Close responsibilities, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis research
- Manage Fixed Assets, entries, reconciliations and analysis
- Assist Controller with various sales and use tax related reporting and notifications
- Provide support and document preparation for external audits
- Partner with the People team, including PEO, to support the processing of payroll for full time employees and contractors, both domestically and internationally
- Prepare and manage inter-company transactions in multiple currencies
- Perform accounting review of all expense reports to ensure proper allocation, documentation and adherence to company policies
- Assist with accounting process improvement initiatives and special projects
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA or CPA track preferred
- 3-5 years experience in accounting and finance roles; experience with both a SaaS company and in public accounting is preferred
- NetSuite, Expensify and Avalara experience is a plus
- Experience with international operations and foreign exchange is a plus
- Please note, at this time we are only able to hire in the following locations: United States, Canada, Australia, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, United Kingdom, Denmark, Germany, Norway.
Who You’ll Work With